Event Destination: 10 Questions to Ask Before Selecting Your Location
By flikeve_admin | Posted on 2016-11-11 00:39:49
A quiet nook amidst the greens, lulled by the gentle hush of the breeze?
A busy metropolis, a hub of human rush, a centre of hectic activity?
A serene backwater with gentle waves playing at your feet?
A picturesque hill town with walkways and cottages dotting the hillside?
A historical site replete with high stories of human achievement?
We can get spoilt for choice while selecting that perfect event destination! The surefooted way to venture on this terrain is to be mindful of three things: the goals and objectives of your event, the guests (a generic term covering invitees, clients, partners, customers, and employees) and their expectations, and your budget and timeline.
An effective way to arrive at a solution is to posit a set of questions and try to answer them. From giant multinationals to mid-size corporations to small businesses to individuals – this Q/A method has seldom failed to serve its purpose. The following 10 questions should prove helpful to draw up a framework when you plan your event.
- So, first thing first: what are the event goals and objectives? Is it a business or product launch, exhibition, social occasion, seminar, concert, or something else? How will it impact your company’s brand?
- For how many days are you organizing the event? If for multiple days, are you looking at multiple venues at your destination? Are you planning local sightseeing as a side activity?
- Is this a one-time event or an annual occasion? If an annual event, are you thinking of changing your destination? Are you looking for a new venue at the same destination?
- Remember to keep your guests at the front: what are their preferences and expectations keeping in view the nature of event they would be attending? Do they desire an urban location with modern amenities or prefer a quieter locale? What is the average age of the group?
- How many guests are expected? Will they stay at the destination venue? Are they alone or accompanied by family?
- How will the guests arrive at the venue you have chosen? Are the guests travelling a long distance? Are you thinking of arranging commute from specific locations?
- How much event space do you need? If you are thinking of booking a hotel or resort, are there enough rooms to accommodate everyone? Is there recreation space outside the formal event area?
- How does your budget look? How much are you earmarking for selecting destination? Keeping in view season timing, can you organize your event at a lean period (when there are no major holidays and school / college breaks) and thereby avail lower rates?
9.Have you worked out the costs to the last detail? Is this going to be a paid-for event? If yes, then how much would your guests be willing to pay?
- What about the timeline? Is there an event schedule in place? Are there provisions to handle risks and exigencies?
Whatever be the event, it is essential to keep in mind your guests’ (customers, clients, partners, or employees) convenience. Understanding the needs of guests, invitees, or attendees is crucial to the success of any event. One useful tool is to undertake a survey before planning the specifics of the event and review data from previous years (if it is an annual event). Keep the feedback and research before you while developing the event planner. But all said and done, you would need an experienced event management company to lead from the front. So select an experienced event manager – one who can strike a balance between your needs and the guests’ expectations, effectively plan and ably execute, and handle risks and mitigate emergency situations (if any).
So, now you can work through the Q/A to select the best destination that suits your needs and that will make your guests happy. But will the chosen destination match your budget and schedule? The best always costs more – right? That’s what we have been told. Can this notion be turned on its head?
Yes, it’s possible now! With Flikeve, a resourceful online event planning hub, you can search, explore, and select destinations as per your budget and timeline. Flikeve caters to a range of needs, budgets, and styles. The unique, personalized, do-it-yourself experience helps you to plan your special event with ease, anytime from anywhere.